Are you passionate about education and would like to impact this world positively?
We are looking for volunteers to create attractive elearning content for our courses (entrepreneurship, business studies, maths, physics, chemistry, biology, English literature and language, health education, global citizenship foreign languages) who commit for at least three hours per week for three months. You will develop course material for secondary school drop-outs.
Apply to this position, and tell us why we need you! We are always looking for self-driven and talented individuals. Your cover letter should include the following sections:
- You will collaborate closely with educational planning and other team members to develop a curriculum using international standards such as IGCSE, A/AS-Level and IBO.
- You will plan and develop original content for courses, such as written lessons, slides and video lectures.
- You will design and draft original materials to assess student progression, especially quizzes, assignments.
- You will review developed material from other team members to ensure consistency and quality.
Who you are
- You are self-motivated and enjoy doing projects for the challenge, not for any external rewards. You understand the value of volunteering and making an impact, keep to deadlines and are ready to attend online meetings.
- You have a relevant degree in science, math or IT. Preferably you have experience in creating online content.
- You are passionate about education: You know the importance of education and how it can impact someone's life.
- You are an excellent communicator in verbal and written English: you know how to captivate, relate and adapt to your audience. You are comfortable explaining complex concepts to a non-knowledgeable audience.
- You are comfortable using Google Suite (Google docs, Google slides, and Google sheets) and willing to learn how to use our online platform.
- You are able to work independently, but you are also comfortable asking questions and saying, “I don’t know.”
- You are a team player: You know how to communicate effectively about your progress and understand that we need the help of everyone to succeed.
Our values represent who we are and how we act. You will enjoy working with us if the following statements describe you:
- You value others and have the desire to have a positive impact on the world.
- You know that you don’t know everything and are willing to learn, experiment, and view feedback as an opportunity to improve yourself.
- You are committed, consistent and don’t give up when things become more challenging.
- You don’t take shortcuts. You have high integrity and aspire to do things the right way.
- You are proactive and ready to work in a flat hierarchical structure.
-You strive for excellence and have high attention to detail.
Did you recognize yourself in our description? We will be glad to learn more about you. Our hiring process involves just two stages:
- Application form
- Formal interview
After applying through the application form, you will hear from us within two weeks.
Our organization is based on volunteering. While we don’t offer compensation, we aim to provide the experience of a lifetime. We offer:
- You can use your work for us in your portfolio and after at least three months of consistent volunteering we are also happy to write you a reference letter.
- Remote working: You can contribute from your home. Our members are located all over the world.
-Flexible hours: We are not interested in the number of hours you work but the results you deliver. We assign tasks weekly or bi-weekly. As soon as you can complete them on time, we trust you.
- We commit to helping you achieve your potential and develop you into a leader within our organization.
- We offer webinars on different topics that are useful for your personal and career development. You’ll receive a certificate of completion.
- And, of course, the opportunity to be part of an organization that aims to change the world!